Have you ever wondered how to become a certified life coach, or whether it’s right for you?
Coach Training Alliance (CTA) has been training coaches for over 20 years. They will train you to be a certified coach, market your skills, and run your business.
In this review, we’ll look at their accredited online training program offered through accessible courses which fit your busy schedule.
- What is a Certified Life Coach?
- Would You Be a Good Life Coach?
- Why Become a Certified Coach?
- Are Life Coaches in Demand?
- What Is Coach Training Alliance?
- Coach Training Alliance Accreditation
- Coach Training Alliance Program Cost and Fees
- Certified Coaching Code of Ethics
- Learn How to Become a Certified Life Coach Today
What is a Certified Life Coach?
Certified life coaches offer tools and support to help people make big life changes and reach their dreams and goals.
Their role is to:
- Help clients develop and clarify goals
- Help to support and motivate clients
- Create action plans to reach goals
- Provide accountability and guidance
While many of us are familiar with the term “life coach,” this is a general title for people who specialize in various niches.
Other types of coaches include:
- Career Coaching
- Business Coaching
- Executive coaching
- Leadership Coaching
- Corporate Coaching
- Mentor Coaching
- Success Coaching
- Relationship Coaching
- Spiritual Coaching
If you are specialized in a specific area, you can combine that knowledge and training with a life coach certificate and offer tailored service.
Before you learn how to become a certified life coach, check out the video below.
Would You Be a Good Life Coach?
As a therapist, I can attest to the rewards of helping others. We all need a good reason to get out of bed in the morning, so why not make that reason to help others achieve their goals?
Theoretically, almost anyone can build their own business as a life coach, but not everyone will be successful.
If you’re considering becoming a life coach, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you have a passion for helping people?
- Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit?
- Does the prospect of being your own boss excite you?
- Are you interested in using your own experiences to change the lives of others?
- Do opportunities for personal and professional growth excite you?
- Do you want to be well-trained and certified by a leader in the coaching industry?
Still not sure? Take this free quiz to find out.
Why Become a Certified Coach?
If you’re looking to learn how to become a certified life coach, you’ll want to make sure you understand the benefits of becoming certified as well.
It is possible to become a life coach without becoming certified, but you will be more successful with a certification under your belt. You should also understand how to choose the right life coach training certification program.
Some benefits of becoming a certified life coach:
- You’ll be able to easily demonstrate professional competency
- You’ll get formal training in best practices, marketing, and business management
- You’ll have plenty of networking opportunities with other certified coaches
- Build trust with potential clients
- You’ll be better positioned to differentiate yourself from the competition
Once certified, you can call yourself a Certified Coach and can apply the lettered credential of CTACC to your name.
Additionally, you can put our Coach Training Alliance Certified Coach logo on your website.
There is no more inspiring community than that grown over the last decade at CTA. Coaches whose own path to success is being fueled every day by the exploration, growth, and inspiration of their students and clients. It’s human development at its very best.– Chris Osborn, President, Fort Collins, CO
Read some CTA graduate testimonials to learn more.
Are Life Coaches in Demand?
According to the International Coach Federation, there’s a growing demand for coaches across a number of different speciality areas, from personal coaching to corporate leadership and project development.
The current economic climate has forced many to seek new opportunities. Many people have an idea of what they want to do, but they don’t know where to start.
That’s where coaching comes into play.
The data shows a strong return on investment for those who use certified coaching services. The rate of growth for the industry is around 13 to 15 percent between 2016 and 2026.
A successful coach makes good money, too. In the US, for example, the average salary in 2016 was $61,900.
What Is Coach Training Alliance?
Established in 2000, CTA has trained and certified over 10,000 coaches from 45 countries.
In 2020, they were the Recipient of the Global Excellence Award – “Best Life Coach Training and Certification Provider. They have an A+ from the BBB and were named one of the top 50 Most Admired Companies by Silicon Review.
Here’s what one graduate has to say:
This has been the single greatest training that I have received in my 15-year professional career. Prior to completing it, I had done pretty well using my ability to solve problems quickly and create action in myself and others, but this course has taught me that my impact on the organization can be magnified many times by coaching others to do the same.Jeff Hentges, EVP Operations of a 100 Year Old Large Multinational Corporation
Coaches are not required to be certified in order to practice, but certification is a great way to demonstrate competency and your commitment to the profession.
Certification helps establish trust. Across many professions, certification means that you have been trained, adhere to a code of ethics, and follow industry-specific best practices.
In addition, their certified coaching program curriculum provides a solid foundation of business and marketing principles that you’ll need to be successful.
Programs offered include:
- Certified Coaching
- Life Coaching
- Organizational Coaching
- Core Coaching For Effective Change
- Self-Study Coach Training
- Coach Certification For Yogis (Yoga2Life)
Sign up for a free coaching seminar with Coach Training Alliance.
Coach Training Alliance is a collection of the finest educators and mentors in the profession of coaching.
Over the last twenty years, they have assembled a team of faculty that are the leaders in their fields.
- Faculty are all CTA graduates, credentialed by the International Coach Federation (ICF), and are successful, established coaches.
- Many have developed their own specialized training that is offered through the CTA Graduate School of Coaching.
If you’re wondering how to become a certified life coach, and want to reap the benefits, I encourage you to check out CTAs programs.
Here’s another graduate testimonial:
If you want to affirm and clarify your life purpose this is a wonderful class to take. Nan provides a safe and nurturing space to explore and share newfound insights with other participants and she gives excellent guidance throughout the course. I especially enjoyed doing the exercises, for example, a mind map, or a collage about my life, that showed me where I already am on track and where I need to make adjustments in order to be on purpose. Listening to the experiences of others also was very inspiring. I highly recommend this class.Lisa Velazquez, Living a Purposeful Life and Leaving a Powerful Legacy Graduate-CTA Program Graduate
Coach Training Alliance Accreditation
The Certified Coach Program offered by Coach Training Alliance is accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF).
While the full course spans 75 hours of total training that includes business and marketing, 60 of those hours are certified by the ICF as Approved Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH).
This designation is awarded to programs that meet professional standards for coach training programs established by the ICF.
Coach Training Alliance Program Cost and Fees
Coach Training Alliance has three different plans to choose from.
Certified Coaching Program
The program investment of $3,497 tuition includes everything you need to graduate and become a certified coach.
There are no hidden charges, no extra fees for testing or certification, and no cost for additional books or course software. Everything is included in the Coach Certified Program. Your course fee is payable in full or in three, seven or nine parts
Coach Training Accelerator
If you’re one of those busy people who’s short on time, their Coach Training Accelerator is a well-designed and expedited self-paced, self-study program that uses proven techniques and guidance for launching a successful coaching practice.
The Coach Training Accelerator is an On-Line/On-Demand self-paced course designed so that you can earn while you learn, grow professionally as a coach, and create a successful life coaching practice.
The cost of this program is $599. You will receive lifetime support and access as you learn how to become a certified life coach.
Certified Coach Workshop
This is a free online workshop. If you are unsure about coaching, check out this Free Coaching Seminar With Coach Training Alliance.
Certified Coaching Code of Ethics
Coach Training Alliance is accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF) This organization serves two purposes.
- It promotes certified coaching around the world.
It differentiates the legitimate training programs from the fakes.
Coach Training Alliance adheres to a form of coaching that honors the client as the expert in his/her life and work. This type of coaching also acknowledges that every client is creative, resourceful, and whole.
Standing on this foundation, the coach’s responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve
- Encourage client self-discovery
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
- Hold the client responsible and accountable
Learn How to Become a Certified Life Coach Today
With a network of 8,000 alumni from 13 countries worldwide, Coach Training Alliance is one of the top life coaching agencies in the world.
They’re passionate about helping students put what they learn into practice.
The Coach Training Accelerator can be applied to and used in conjunction with the Coach Training Alliance’s Certified Coach Program.
If you’re curious about Coach Training Alliance, sign up for your free coaching seminar today!
Coach Training Alliance
Please Note: I earn a small commission when you sign on to become a certified coach with Coach Training Alliance, but this is a solid program that can lead to a rewarding and satisfying career.
Related Reading and References
- Free Coaching Seminar With Coach Training Alliance
- What Is A Life Coach?
- What does A Life Coach Do?
- Should You Be A Life Coach (Quiz)?
- Life Coach vs. Therapist: What’s The Difference?
- Counseling vs. life coaching – Counseling Today
- What’s the Difference Between Therapy, Counseling, and Coaching?
- Finding the Right Helper: The Differences Between Mental Health Professionals
- How to Ethically Offer Coaching as a Licensed Therapist: A Step-By-Step Guide