Consulting and Consultations
If you have questions, be sure to make use of this low-cost and highly-effective service offered exclusively through Blunt Therapy. You can have your questions answered in an email, which is effective for most people. Or, if your situation is a bit more involved, you can take advantage of a brief and solution-focused session. Read on to learn more.
How Can I Help You?
As a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC), Clinical Addictions Specialist (LCAS), and former educator, I have over 20 years of professional experience. My areas of expertise include the following:
- Depression and Anxiety
- Substance Use Disorders
- Co-Occurring Disorders
- Relationship Issues
- Parenting Issues
- Setting Goals
- Stress Management
- Navigating Life Events
Consulting services are designed to be brief, educational, and solution-focused. We can have one exchange, or several. It’s entirely up to you.
How Can a Consultation Help Me?
Here are a few of the benefits:
- Clarity on a relationship issue;
- feedback on a stressful life situation;
- actionable parenting advice;
- education about a mental illness or personality disorder.
Please Note: I do not offer psychotherapy or provide a diagnosis. Thank you for understanding.
Family and Life Issues
- How can I set boundaries with my in-laws?
- What do my children need to be mentally strong?
- How can I help a loved one struggling with drug or alcohol addiction?
Mental Health and Self-Care?
- How can I make self-care a priority?
- What are some ways to manage my depression?
- What are some ways to take care of my mental health?
- How can my partner and I communicate better?
- How can I end things without hurting him?
- What is the best way to resolve conflict?
What Consultation is Not:
- A therapy session;
- A forum to obtain a diagnosis;
- A place to revisit trauma;
- A resource if you are in physical, social, or psychological crisis;
- An opportunity to report or escape abuse;
- Appropriate if you are suicidal.
Choose one of the following four (4) options that best applies to you and your budget
First Option: 1-2 Email Exchanges between you and Randy ($25.00)
This is an excellent option if you have a basic question about a relationship, family, substance use, or mental health condition or situation.
- You will receive 1-2 thorough email responses with solid feedback and an action steps for you to follow.
Second Option: 3-4 Email Exchanges between you and Randy ($40.00)
For more involved situations that will requite additional information and clarification.
- You will receive 3-4 emails with in-depth feedback, professional insights, and action steps for you to follow.
Third Option: 30-45 minute Video Chat Session via Skype ($80.00)
- Face-to-face video session (or audio only if your prefer) to really get down to the nitty-gritty of your problem. You will have a back and forth conversation with Randy and finish your session with a better understanding of what’s going on and how to address it.
Fourth Option: 50-70 minute Video Chat Session via Skype ($150.00)
- All the time you will need for a thorough assessment and analysis of your situation. You will have plenty of time for questions, receive thorough feedback, and leave with an action-plan that you can start to implement immediately.
To request either an Email or Video Chat Session, please fill out this Consultation Request Form so that Randy can determine if the service is right for you and if he can help. Randy will email you back in 48 hours with instructions on how to submit your payment and to set up a mutually agreed upon time (if a Video Chat Session is warranted).
Payments will be made via PayPal. Randy apologizes for the inconvenience, but the service is non-refundable.
Complete the Consultation Request Form here.