When it comes to your mental health, it’s best to rely on clinical expertise. You’ll see that many of our posts have been written by doctors and masters-level clinicians.
The goal of Blunt Therapy is to educate and inform readers about the types of things that professional counselors and psychotherapists deal with every day – things like mental illness, good therapy, dysfunctional families, toxic relationships, and substance abuse. We believe that mental health matters. And so do you.
Hey there! My name is Randy and I’m the Founder and Managing Editor of Blunt Therapy. As a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor in North Carolina, I specialize in the treatment of things like substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, depression, and anxiety. I also work with parents and help people with their relationship issues, too. I love my job and I love writing about it, too.
To produce a mental health blog that promotes awareness, education, and frank discussions on these and others topics, including therapy, substance abuse, relationships, and parenting.
To publish high-quality and well-researched articles about mental health, addictions, therapy, relationships, and parenting.
- Practical application.
- Professional Experience.
- Evidence-Based Practices.
- Pragmatic Interventions. Realistic Expectations.
- Well-Placed Humor.
- Original Thought.
- Frank talk about mental health.
My professional values are informed by The Twelve Step Model, Motivational Interviewing, and Rational-Emotive Behavior Therapy. I believe that change happens when we change our thoughts. Many of us hang on to negative, outdated, or otherwise self-defeating belief systems that must be challenged and defeated before recovery is possible. That’s why informed discussion is so important.
Recognition And Mentions
- Top 75 Mental Health Blogs, Websites & Influencers in 2020
- Top 100 Mental Health Blogs to Read for Total Wellness in 2020
- Complete List of Top Mental Health Blogs 2019
- 30 Fantastic Blogs That Will Help You Heal During the Pandemic
- 9 Fantastic Blogs About Mental Health For You To Read in 2020
- 23 Mental Health Experts Share Their Thoughts on Coping During COVID-19
- Experts Reveal How to Create a More Productive Home Office Setup this Winter
- Top 100 Psychotherapy Blogs, Websites & Influencers in 2020
- Top Mental Health Blogs to Follow in 2021
- 5 Toxic Parenting Behaviors (That Are Borderline Criminal)
- 3 Simple Ways To Stop A Panic Attack (Without Medication)
- 7 Warning Signs Of An Emotionally Abusive Relationship
- 7 Hard Lessons I’ve Learned About Fighting Depression As A Therapist (And A Patient)
- How To Get Huge Results In Therapy: 9 Tips From An Expert
- Here Are 5 Great Questions To Ask When Choosing A New Therapist
Write For Blunt Therapy
Are you a mental health or addictions professional? Are you an expert in mental health, addictions, relationships, counseling, or parenting? Are you just wildly passionate about any of those topics? We’d love to have you write for us. Visit that page to read our editorial policies and submission guidelines.